пятница, 16 августа 2013 г.

The 35 Best Travel Quotes from BelTopRent

If you’re reading this, you already know that Apartment Hotel BelTopRent enjoys talking about travel. But today, we’re going to do something even better than talking about travel: we’re going to talk about other people talking about travel. With that in mind, we present 35 of the funniest, truest, and most inspirational things ever said about the art of going somewhere else.


best travel quote


“What is that feeling when you’re driving away from people and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? It’s the too-huge world vaulting us, and it’s good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.” -Jack Kerouac


“Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” -Miriam Beard


“I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” -Rosalia de Castro


‎”If at some point you don’t ask yourself, ‘What have I gotten myself into?’ then you’re not doing it right.” -Roland Gau


“Jet lag is for amateurs.” -Dick Clark


“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” -Marcel Proust


“If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.” -James Michener


“Escape through travel works. Almost from the moment I boarded my flight, life in England became meaningless. Seat-belt signs lit up, problems switched off. Broken armrests took precedence over broken hearts. By the time the plane was airborne I’d forgotten England even existed.” -Alex Garland


“I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine.” -Caskie Stinnett


“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson


“He won’t fly on the Balinese airline, Garuda, because he won’t fly on any airline where the pilots believe in reincarnation.” -Spalding Gray


“Australia is about as far away as you can get. I like that.” -Andre Benjamin


“But why, oh why, do the wrong people travel, when the right people stay at home?” -Noel Coward


“I have wandered all my life, and I have also traveled; the difference between the two being this, that we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” -Hilaire Belloc


“One doesn’t discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.” -Andre Gide


“There are only two emotions in a plane: boredom and terror.” -Orson Welles


“To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” -Freya Stark


“I’d rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.” -Steve McQueen



The 35 Best Travel Quotes from BelTopRent

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий